I’ve got to learn their story before I can begin to give them credible legal advice. I remind my clients that every divorce is different and every family is different; your friends’ experiences may not be anything like your own.  My strength is understanding and handling the problems unique to my client’s situation.” — Leigh Byers

Contempt of court, often referred to simply as “contempt,” refers most frequently in the family law context to a failure to comply with the terms of a court’s order. Failing to pay child support, or alimony, or interfering with another parent’s right of visitation are examples.

If the terms of your divorce are not being upheld, you can determine your legal standing and the best course of action by consulting with a lawyer.  In some instances, your spouse can be ordered by the court to reimburse you for reasonable attorney fees you incur.

“Aspirational terms can be tedious to enforce. Proof can be challenging. You want to be smart. You could spend a lot of money to modify or hold someone in contempt. If it’s non-payment of an obligation, that’s easy to prove, but some matters are not so black and white.” —Frances Nolan

Contact us today and see how we can help you and your family in your time of need.